Tuesday, June 18, 2013

50 Lolita Questions ♥(ノ´∀`)

There was a post going around tumblr with 50 Lolita questions, so I figured I would answer them!
 
 
1: How did you first get into Lolita? 
I was actually in 7th grade when I first saw the fashion. I don't even remember what I was looking for to find it (probably some anime), but I remember thinking it was so cute/amazing! Of course, I was still in my "scene/"emo"" phase and was too young for a job, so I eventually forgot about it. When I got into 10th grade I found it again and looked at it a lot. Once I got into 11th grade my mom bought me my first two dresses from Bodyline and ever since then I have wanted more and more!
First time wearing lolita... yeah.

2: Do you have a favorite Lolita style?
I would have to say I absolutely adore sweet lolita and looove to wear it! I am wanting to get more classic and gothic pieces to wear also as I do not want to stick myself to one style. 

3: What if I told you that you are my Lolita inspiration?
I would be shocked, but extremely excited and happy! ♡
 
4: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright or Alice and The Pirates? 
Uhm, both? Haha. If I had to pick one- Baby. Just because more of their things appeal to my tastes, but I do love a lot of things from Alice also!

5: Do have any Lolita meets you plan on attending soon? 
Hopefully I can attend one towards the end of July/early August. There is one being held July 6th, but Katerina will be coming in to visit for a week on the 5th and I've missed her so. ♡
6: How many petticoats do you own? 
I only own two legitimate petticoats.

7: First lucky pack, lucky or unlucky? 
My first lucky pack was Angelic Pretty's Dreaming Girl set in black. I would say lucky, since I got items I liked (the blouse and bag) and I traded the JSK for a Baby JSK that I love and sold the headbow and socks. I would say unlucky because I wanted the Dream Fantasy lucky pack in sax and still have yet to own Dream Fantasy JSK in sax.

8: What color were your first pair of tea parties? 
Pink~

9: Did you wear Lolita today? 
Unfortunately, no.

10: What brand and series is your most comfortable JSK/OP from? 
My Sugar Hearts JSK from Angelic Pretty is VERY comfy and so soft! ♡
 
11: Could you go for the rest of your life without wearing Lolita? 
I suppose I could- if I absolutely had to. I would be unhappy, actually- very unhappy.

12: Do you prefer Wigs, Hair Extensions or your Natural Hair? 
Wigs can make or break an outfit. I love them because they can give you perfect hair! Sometimes it is simply too hot or inconvenient for them, though...

13: OTKs or Knee Highs? 
OTKs or tights. I like knee highs for certain looks.

14: Do you still own your first Lolita piece?
Nope. I sold both of my first Bodyline dresses. I still have my first brand dress, though I am looking to sell it, also.

15: Do you currently have a Dream Dress? 
As if it is not obvious by now- Dream Sky!
 
16: Have you ever gotten a dream dress only to be disappointed in it?
Nope!

17: To what extent has Lolita entered your lifestyle? 
I like to surround myself with cute/pretty things. I try to attend a meet-up every month to see and talk with other girls who enjoy the fashion. I try to wear lolita as often as possible and my family supports me wearing it, along with my friends and boyfriend. Lolita has also inspired me to be more creative.

18: How many days a week do you wear Lolita?
I try to wear it at least twice a week, but I work quite a bit and don't go out a whole lot. I do sometimes just dress up to try out coords or take pictures.

19: Did your last kiss take place while wearing Lolita? 
No, since I took my boo home before I had to work... but my last kissing picture I was in lolita. ♡
20: Do you have a favorite print series? 
I love too many prints ; n ;

21: Where is your favorite place to buy off-brand items? 
I like to buy from the egl-comm-sales and Facebook sales groups for the good deals you can find.
However, if I want some cheap blouses or accessories- thrifting!

22: Bonnets or Headbows? 
Headbows.

23: Have you ever been to Baby, the Stars Shine Bright in Paris? 
I've never even been out of the country. (; ̄д ̄)
 
24: From which brand do you own the most items? 
☆*:.。.Angelic Pretty.。.:*☆
 
25: How does your family react to Lolita? 
My momma thinks it is cute and likes to pick on me about it. Not in a mean way, of course! She will wear my headbows and call me fluffy and stuff like that. She just likes to try to make me laugh. ♡ My dad doesn't seem to mind it and I have worn it out with him, I just really don't think he cares, haha. My memaw (rip) loved to see me in lolita and thought it was so cute and always complimented my outfits. My granny thinks it is cute and lady-like, so she likes it also!

26: Kuro or Shiro? 
I like both. I especially love to see both styles together- love the contrast!

27: Look in your closet. Name the first Lolita item you see. Would you ever part with it? 
I don't have to look in my closet- I can just look on my wall (*≧▽≦)ノシ
Anyways, I see Bodyline's Soft Cream in mint. I would prefer not to part with it.

28: What is the last item you bought from a sales comm? 
A lavender Bodyline blouse.

29: Do you own anything from an indie brand? 
Not anymore. I've seen a few indie pieces I want, though!

30: Do you create anything related to Lolita? 
I modify things to use in lolita as accessories and such.

31: Has Lolita helped or hindered your love life? 
It hasn't really affected my love life? My ex-boyfriend loves that I wear it and takes me to meet-ups and wants to wear kodona. My boyfriend doesn't mind at all and loves how happy it makes me and when I get new items he is immediately like "let me open it! let me see!"
 
32: Falsies or just mascara? 
Depends on how much time I have to get ready and the look I am going for.

33: Do you have a color preference when it comes to Lolita? 
I love lavender and mint, but my goal is to have a variety of colors.

34: How do you cope with negative views about Lolita? 
I try explaining the fashion to people. If they are hard-headed and just won't listen, then oh well, that is their problem because I love lolita.

35: Do you have a favorite brand? 
Probably Angelic Pretty!
36: Do you enjoy or are you annoyed with the attention that Lolita brings from onlookers? 
I usually don't even think about it? When I go out in lolita, I feel like I do when I am out in fairy kei or creepy cute. I sometimes notice people staring (the people who make it REALLY obvious) and I sometimes hear rude comments/laughing, but I just ignore them (unless they are following/harrassing me, which doesn't happen often).
37: Cotton blouses or cutsew? 
I enjoy cutsews because they are cute and casual, but I like blouses also.
38: Lolita really is a beautiful thing, huh? 
Yes, yes it is.
39: Is there a time were you absolutely won't wear Lolita? 
If someone specifically asked me not too or if it was too an event where it would be unacceptable or way inconvenient.
40: What is on your wrists right now? 
Nothing.
41: Have you ever worn Lolita in Japan? 
I have yet to be able to visit Japan.

42: OPs or JSKs? 
JSKs~

43: Have you ever regretted buying Lolita?
I regret my Jewelry Jelly skirt, because I got a bad deal on it and I was not told of the damages on it. That is the only lolita purchase that just bothers me.

44: What's the silliest thing you've done in Lolita? 
 Maybe laser tag?

45: Gothic or Bittersweet? 
I love bittersweet, but gothic is lovely!

46: Does Lolita make you genuinely happy? 
Yes. I love being able to dress up and feel pretty and wear pretty clothes.

47: OTT or Simple? 
Depends on the event.

48: Have you ever had a bad experience because you wear Lolita? 
Of course. We live in a world where if you wear anything "out of the norm", then everyone has every right in the world to make comments and take your picture and bother you. It really sickens me that people cannot be more open-minded and accepting. 

49: Have you ever submitted a secret? 
Nope.

50: Do you think you will wear Lolita into old age?  
I really do. I honestly think I will still love sweet lolita also, so I will find ways to mix it with classic and make it more elegant. 
Kamikaze Girls     
 "...80 years old, in a “Baby” dress, dying alone in my apartment. 
A robot-janitor finds my corpse. That’s the end..."

No comments:

Post a Comment