Friday, October 4, 2013

Lolita Blog Carnival ~ 3 Lolita Trends I Could Never Get Into...

I had never really thought about things in Lolita fashion that I could not get into, so I started looking at photos and found a few I've realized are not for me. 


Also, I'm not really sure how ~*~trendy~*~ these are, haha.

Gingham~ I've seen cute coords with gingham, but it really just reminds me of a picnic out in the country. These could work really well for country Lolita, but I wouldn't really want to wear them for anything else... I think the only gingham dress I would even wear is Bodyline's strawberry one, heh.

Velvet~ I had a Milky Chan replica at one point that was velvet and didn't keep it long before I sold it... Don't get me wrong, velvet dresses are pretty, but ~again~ It is not something to suit me. Not to mention the fact that I have cats and the hair gets ALL over velvet.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzeou4ZGjx1qzov9b.png 
Painting Prints~ It is really just the classical/religious painting prints that I just wouldn't see myself wearing. They are pretty and they can make beautiful outfits, but... I don't know. I just don't like them for me.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that I would only wear gingham to a picnic meet! You make a great point with velvet. I personally love the material for winter but can't imagine picking little hair of it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is just something that says "picnic" or "country" when I think of gingham! It was terrible trying to lint roll and remove hairs from velvet!

      Delete