Friday, October 11, 2013

Lolita Blog Carnival ~ 3 Secrets for a New Lolita!

This week's Lolita Blog Carnival topic involves tips/secrets for those getting into the fashion!


1~ Be yourself!
I've met a few girls at conventions who wanted to get into the fashion, but thought they had to be super lady-like and drink tea all day? This is not true! You do not have to change your life to be a Lolita ~ you're just wearing different clothes! You don't even have to wear these clothes everyday. Also, it is not fun trying to be someone you're not, so why bother? People should like you for who you really are! When I went to my first meet-up I was super nervous, but just acted how I usually do and I had an amazing time and met a lot of super sweet people!

2~ Get basic items first (or when you order/make your first dress/skirt)!
I really wish I had done this... but instead I jumped right into getting my first dresses. It is a very good idea to have a nice petticoat and basic blouse (black and white are best!). So, even though you may not have lots of nice accessories and such, you can at least have a nice, basic look!
Missing basic items...
My first Lolita coordinate.




















3~ Research!
Doing your research will help you find: you don't have to buy brand, know the aesthetics, you can find tips to making a nice coordinate, find where to buy certain items (blouses, pettis, etc), and much, much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment